girl with dragon tattoo XS

littlebill, that's exactly like my old bike! Looks like mine was really a CL350 and not a 360, I guess my memory ain't what it used to be. :(

I had a bunch of 1970's Hondas: a 1971 SL70, a 1971 SL100, a 1972? SL175, a 1974 XL350, four or five SL125's, a 1975 CR125 Elsinore (damn that was a pretty bike!) and other stuff I'm sure I am forgetting now.

One of my riding buds had a CL100, it was 98% street and maybe 2% dirt. He stripped all the lights etc off and put knobbies on it, man he could make that thing FLY in the woods. We guys on the dirt oriented SL's had a tough time trying to catch him.

Is it just me or was the 60's and 70's the heyday of all types of motorcycles. From 150cc's and up. I didn't come along until 1981 so it seems like there so many choices of motorcycles back then unlike now. A standard entry level bike now to me is a 600cc but back in the day a entry level bike was much, much smaller. Almost all of them were "Standards" I take it? Its awesome to see you guys talk and post pics of bikes that I've never heard of or seen. People my around my age would rather walk than rides those bikes but I would ride the shit out of them!

When I saw the previews for the movie I thought they had copied my CL350 cafe bike. Mostly since I am using the same muffler solution.. I built my own seat and am using a Benelli 650 Tornado fuel tank so obviously it's not identical. Just a weird coincidence.

5899050376_1e511c1f80_b.jpg

Hi, NHH,

Ummm, yep. Entry level bikes were *much* smaller! My first long ride was from Salt Lake City to L.A. and back, by way of Las Vegas, before the freeway was done, and I did it on a 125cc 4.5hp Lambretta scooter!

Later that year I traded up to a big bike, a CA95 150cc Honda twin, which I rode from SLC to Seattle and promptly sold.

Along the way I had another Lambretta and a BSA 125cc Bantam two-stroke, and finally got a real bike, a post-war UL Harley flathead, with a suicide clutch and a hand shift. My father got it for me for $45.00, and I sold it after it fell over and I couldn't lift it up~

Then came a BSA A10 Rocket, and a Norton 650SS. I made a big loop on the Norton---Portland to Salt Lake to LA and up the coast back to Portland. I loved that bike, but back then it was just another Brit twin and nothing special.

I miss those days. People on bikes used to stop if a bike was by the side of the road---and with the available bikes, the help was generally needed!

Apologies for the thread hijack---oh, and does anyone have a dead or dying LD125 Lambretta they want to get rid of..? :bike:

Back