Ass Dragon Update

rickrman

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got it to run at about 3000 rpm on full choke with no throttle response. Found slides without pickup function. Taking them off again. BS34. Allow me to entertain you with the long, sad story. My first engine died in a motorcycle shop fire after dropping it off for starter repair. My replacement engine is year unknown with BS34s from the burned-up 1977-78? that I have attached without intake boot barbs. Are my components compatible? I suspect the PAMCO ignition is good since I had it running 3 times. I have booster check valves on the breathers and a no-vacuum fuel source generator tank. Can this work? The ass draggin' Ass Dragon is fun even when it's not. You can purchase this on Ebay for $5K with tow bar and fix it yourself or I shall continue. Rides fifty cents.

Attachments

• Dragon.jpg
    Dragon.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 45
Long as the carbs are snug fit in the boots no cracks no airleaks they should be good.
pics of the carbs, setup if youre actually looking for help/advice. That's one crazy predator!

Found the screw shown on top of the carb lying on the ground. I may be able to locate its source but if you recognize it, I take tips.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    387.8 KB · Views: 45
Got it to run at about 3000 rpm on full choke with no throttle response. Found slides without pickup function. Taking them off again. BS34. Allow me to entertain you with the long, sad story. My first engine died in a motorcycle shop fire after dropping it off for starter repair. My replacement engine is year unknown with BS34s from the burned-up 1977-78? that I have attached without intake boot barbs. Are my components compatible? I suspect the PAMCO ignition is good since I had it running 3 times. I have booster check valves on the breathers and a no-vacuum fuel source generator tank. Can this work? The ass draggin' Ass Dragon is fun even when it's not. You can purchase this on Ebay for $5K with tow bar and fix it yourself or I shall continue. Rides fifty cents.
Found the screw shown on top of the carb lying on the ground. Any guesses? Otherwise, any guesses to year of engine or carbs? I love this thing for its design. Thanks for the help.

Found the screw shown on top of the carb lying on the ground. I may be able to locate its source but if you recognize it, I take tips.
Kinda looks like a "large round" Mikuni main jet......pic from the other side might verify

DSCF0001.JPG

I think that screw goes where I circled. That's a port useful for hooking up vacuum gauges. It needs to seal -- it came with an aluminum sealing washer.

Last edited:
WOW! YOU NAILED IT! Any interest in a free vacation to South Dakota to help me light this up? Otherwise, your genius is invaluable and unmatched. THANK YOU!

The PAMCO works fine and is very reliable. You just need to make sure that both of your coil-to-sparkplug wires are always grounded, otherwise you will instantly fry it.

Back