got my chop done!

madjap

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Took two years ( a year longer than I planned!) I did it all myself except for some bead blasting, I even painted it! I used Spraymax 2K (TWICE! ARRRRgggghhhhh!). NOW, I can park it and start another! But not right away! I hope my image show's up... I'm not sure i'm doing it right...
000_0168.JPG

Nicely done madjap. You do good work and nice paint job! I hope you don't park it for awhile!

Can you tell me/ show me more about your air cleaner setup? Looks like some sort of ram-flow filter.

Can you tell me/ show me more about your air cleaner setup? Looks like some sort of ram-flow filter.
You're CORRECT! It's an old ramair from some british dual carbed car (I think it's a ramair model 400). I had to fill the back plate holes, cut new ones to match the carbs on this yop, then welded on exhaust pipe to the back plate. Bought some turbo hoses that fit my carbs
and wallah!

Love the old school look, dig the alternator set up. I'd love to do that looks and alternator with a jack shaft and suicide shift. Gave me ideas.
Good stuff well done!
I wanted a suicide shift as well, but halfway thru this project I decided that this will be a gift to my grand daughter and decided to keep it a 'bit' more traditional for her, ya know? Next build will be my son's and we'll see WHAT I can come up with for that one! I can't take credit for the alternator idea, an old hard head biker from Larned Kansas in 1993 showed me THAT trick on my first ever chopper. I merely improved on his idea as my old one FELL OFF from time to time!!! It made for some interesting riding styles!!!

That's a very nice looking bike you got there. I'm also digging the unique alternator set up.
Don't forget to tuck your pant legs in! Hahaha! :lmao:

Back