hello

baldyforks

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys, im new to the forum and new to xs's. Im in queensland australia and am planning a bobber build. So expect lots of brain picking. I have non running 77 that I've started to pull down and am just starting to get cleaned up a bit. This is going to be a learning experiance for me as I've never done this before. So hello to all and Let the picking begin :D

I might suggest getting it running first. Lots of people do a build, get the bike all pretty with lots of fresh paint. Then find out the engine won't run, so out comes the engine scratching all that pretty paint. If you get the engine right then do the build it might save a ton of aggravation.

Yeah thanks guys, im trying to get the engine sorted first, already got it out and on a stand. Gunna have issues me's thinks. Had metal shavings on the side oil filter when I removed that and there seems to be not much left of the gaskets or I can't peel them off cause they are so old :(. And I've gotta decide what im doing with the wheels before I get the frame done. So expect a lot of paniced queries to come. Haha....

Depending on where your at there are no gaskets. The cases don't use one, the rocker box to head don't either.

Last edited:
Back