Help me pls im just 12

Luke1624

XS650 Member
Reaction score
pls help meh im trying to fix a xs650 but i dont know where the tubes go could someone pls send me a pic of both sides of their bikes engine and carbs pls :(

Please help us!!! what year and model is your XS650?
A pic of yours would be good too. Welcome to the forum!

I'm 12 too, OK my wife says I ACT like a 12 year old.

Please help us!!! what year and model is your XS650?
A pic of yours would be good too. Welcome to the forum!

I'm 12 too, OK my wife says I ACT like a 12 year old.
lol, its a 1981 xs650

might help it has twin micuni cards trying to figure out what to do with these vacume hoses the babys got a hold of them and ripped them of lol

Hello Luke, welcome to the site.
As Gary said we would gladly help but need more info/pictures.
In the carb area you could be referring to the vacuum lines from the intake manifolds to the petcocks or the crank case breather tubes or ???

The '81 had a single petcock(L) with a vacuum line going from the nipple on the intake to a nipple on the back/inside of the petcock. The right side will have a plug/boot on the intake manifold.

i dont realy know what and where the petcock is ill ask my dad he grew up racing flat track he might know where the petcock is.

As Yamaha delivered it there was one vacuum line from the LH intake just in front of the carb up to the back side of the petcock. There is a port on the RH intake also but it should have a cap on it.

vac line.jpg

yeah i see the cap heres a pic of the bike youll see that most of the tubes are taken off

Attachments

• P1509271621511.jpg
    P1509271621511.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 254
on the other side of the bike it looks the same exept the other side dosent have any hoses and it dosent have exast pipes

Hi Luke,
those yellow plastic tubes are the fuel feed. The single tube comes down from the gas tap on the aftermarket gas tank, the blob in the middle is an in-line gas filter and the plastic Tee splits the gas flow into two, one tube to each carb's gas connection.
Looking just below the in-line gas filter you'll see a small black rubber cap that's blocking off a metal tube that's sticking out of the carb-to-engine adapter piece.
That's the vacuum connection. There's another one on the other carb's adapter.
They were used on the stock bike to work the vacuum operated stock gas taps that your bike don't have any more.
They are blocked off so the engine can't suck in extra air through them and screw up the fuel mixture.
Their other use is for hooking up vacuum gauges when balancing the carbs.

Thank you so much. my dad said that if i got his bike running he would get me one and you just about got me a bike thanks
BTW where does the drain go to could you send me a pic of that

Last edited:
Back