Help! New LED signals/ indicators not flashing.

SFBret

SFBret -
Reaction score
Just finishing my XS build and the front and rear LED sigs I bought do not blink when turned on. They DO light up, but they stay lit. I thought they would at least flash quickly.

Do I only need to instal resistors to fix this? If so, can anyone recommend some small/ good resistors? Also, is there a preferred spot in the wiring diagram where I can hide only two as opposed to four resistors -- two for front and two for rear?

Thanks a bunch for anyone who can help me out. New to the world of XSs.

You can install resistors, but an electronic flasher is an easier fix. I use an LF1-S-FLAt from superbrightleds.com
There are many threads about this on the site. You can search it.

You can install resistors, but an electronic flasher is an easier fix. I use an LF1-S-FLAt from superbrightleds.com
There are many threads about this on the site. You can search it.

Thanks! Just did a search. Seems like an easy fix. Is it really as easy as connecting/ soldering two wires? Awesome!

Had the same problem, installed the Super Bright LED's LF1-S-PIN universal flasher and took care of the problem.

Had the same problem, installed the Super Bright LED's LF1-S-PIN universal flasher and took care of the problem.

Thanks Pregrid. You're avatar image is freaking me out! :)

Did you see a tutorial on here that walks-thru the connection or is it simply removing the old and plugging in new?

There is a plastic tab that holds the wire connectors in the plug on the flasher unit. you pull them back and slide the connectors out of the plug then plug the red into the brown and the black into the brown/white of your flasher plug. The yellow/green is no longer used.

There is a plastic tab that holds the wire connectors in the plug on the flasher unit. you pull them back and slide the connectors out of the plug then plug the red into the brown and the black into the brown/white of your flasher plug. The yellow/green is no longer used.

Sounds easy enough. Just need to get in there to see that once the flasher arrives. Thanks man!

Back