‘77 front turn signal help

IMG_1771.jpeg
IMG_1773.jpeg

i had to pull these connectors from the back but after a few minutes of digging through the other wires i finally got them. Just gotta wait for my blinkers to get here and then i’ll see if they work

You can clip a test light into the circuit to check operation. That way there are no surprises when the turn signals show up.

Cosmic, someone recently suggest to paint the inside of the headlight white - there was a picture associated - it looked great - def something worth considering if you ever get to that point, made the wires look much sharper :)

Cosmic, someone recently suggest to paint the inside of the headlight white - there was a picture associated - it looked great - def something worth considering if you ever get to that point, made the wires look much sharper :)
Might try that eventually. I assume i’d have to take all the wires out?

I guess I could make sure everything works before I tear it all apart and then while I’m painting the tank and side panels I could do that too

You have work to do. I suggest you take all connections apart, (individually for a start), and untangle all the wires. Painful job, but it will pay off by giving you a lot more room in the bucket when installing the headlight it wont be putting pressure on the connections and le likely to pinch wires.

Seen this in your pic. Go through with some WD40, or kero, and wipe down all the wires and check for damage when rearranging the wiring.

IMG_1771 crop copy.jpg

After i untangled and cleaned up in my headlight.
DSCF7015 3.jpg

I used to be intimidated by the headlight bucket wiring but after doing it a few times it’s really pretty simple and done correctly will give you plenty of room. As far as having to take everything apart to paint it, 5twins suggests using a brush so you can do it with everything just pulled aside.

Back