Turn signal problem?

BACK SHIFT

XS650 Enthusiast
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm in need of a little help on my 82 XS 650 heritage? The wire diagrams that I have change wire colors like the weather? I most recently have an inoperable turn signal, right side both front and rear, no lighting on either end of the bike. The other side turn lights on the left works perfectly fine? The bike appears to be stock on the wiring loom.
Any ideas that could be of some much needed help would highly be appreciated.
Thanks again
Back shift

Hello,
I'm in need of a little help on my 82 XS 650 heritage? The wire diagrams that I have change wire colors like the weather? I most recently have an inoperable turn signal, right side both front and rear, no lighting on either end of the bike. The other side turn lights on the left works perfectly fine? The bike appears to be stock on the wiring loom.
Any ideas that could be of some much needed help would highly be appreciated.
Thanks again
Back shift
If you're sure no dark green and black wires are mixed up in the headlight bucket; I'll put money on a detached solder blob on the switch in the LH handlebar control. It's a very easy fix with a soldering iron.
https://www.xs650.com/threads/22s-1980-xs650-build-thread.59031/page-7#post-710574

OP reports it was a solder blob problem............. :sneaky:
LH switch solder blob.jpg

Last edited:
Turn signal problem has been repaired and working just great, I have to give a big shout out to gggGary, he was very helpful on telling me what needed to be done to repair my problem. He even went out of his way on this freezing weather Friday, and sent me the photos to help me along. I feel really fortunate to be an XS forum member, and part of a great group of guys, that are always so willing to help each other out with these old XS's that we all truly do love owning.
Thanks again to all,
Back shift

Back