Hey guys

ladyjacobs

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I guess this is just my intro post! My husband and I just bought a '76 off of Frankenbob, who said we needed to join up to share our progress on the bike. (we are soooo grateful for Brad, who held on to the bike for us despite having other day-of cash offers)
This is my first bike, I've always been around the custom car/hot rod world but bikes are a relatively new scene for me. My husband Tanner has ridden his whole life--dirt bikes, street bikes, ATV's you name it. He and his brother are working on a VTX 1300, and we decided I needed something of my own. We wanted a builder--I especially did so I could learn as we go. so here we are.
We aren't far from running, then comes the fun part!
Anyway, hey! prepare yourselves for lots of questions I'm sure. Its a learning experience for us!

here is a pic of myself convincing you that i am totally a natural on the bars: :shrug:

11781613_10101493663798011_5037070300212907888_n.jpg

lol, we are swapping them out. I love the look, but i am way too green for those. Thankfully we have the original bars though, so we just need to find risers and they should be perfect until I'm comfortable with the 16"s. (I am 6' tall so without risers they are a bit lower than I like, also I look even more giant than I already do on this bike, haha.)
Thanks for the welcome though, dude! I'm happy to have a source of information since it's our first build!

Shit! your half way there! If the motor turns over, you'll be ridding in no time.
Nice gams btw.
Welcome.

Back