Hi - Lo light and horn switches

Hitndahedfred

Do I look like a people person to you?
Reaction score
When I got mine from Lowbrow,, I got what was on sale and it fried. Nothing against them,,, it was only a 16 dollar switch.
But I am curious at to what you other custom guys are using on your chops.
All I need is the hi - lo and horn,,,
Getting confused by the choices and thought I would ask the masses.

When I got mine from Lowbrow,, I got what was on sale and it fried. Nothing against them,,, it was only a 16 dollar switch.
But I am curious at to what you other custom guys are using on your chops.
All I need is the hi - lo and horn,,,
Getting confused by the choices and thought I would ask the masses.

Hi 'fred,
I have an "El-Cheapo" hi/lo/horn switch I used on my BSA. Like you, I got one on sale (Cdn$20) it looks like a Britax knock-off.
And for sure you don't get what you don't pay for, eh?
What I'd do to avoid frying such a switch would be to limit the current-flow through it by using it to switch relays.
Let the relays handle the heavy loads, especially the load needed to power a horn that's loud enough to be heard through a car window
while the hi/lo/horn switch only handles the power to the relays.

Thanks Fred,,,
I just ordered this one from Dennis Kirk.
https://www.denniskirk.com/217861.s...7jACh0OGg6sEAkYASABEgKhM_D_BwE&ad=46766398717
All that it is used for is front light and horn. Should have it by Friday so I can ride this weekend. I've put like 1500 miles on her since finishing it.
Working the last of the bugs out before taking it down for winter to get the paint and a few other things done.
The switch I was using was an el cheapo,, like 16 bucks. It couldn't handle the power.

Back