I just wanna start my build already!

Ccanady

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm in lingo right now waiting on work and the anticipation of moving to a new place. So it wouldn't be a good idea to begin a build on my 81 until I finally get settled. Plus, where I'm at I don't have a sheltered area to work. Sorry, I'm kind of venting cause its all I want to do!!

Am I the only one!?

your not the only one. my freshly hardtailed frame(design be me)sat for two years, with the motor half rebuilt while I moved, then the 120 mile comutte everyday took its toll.
Then one day, I said fuckit, I thrashed for three weekends straight, late into nite, lots of beer and jeager, got it running, painted rewired.
Those were some really tough and sore Mondays.
Some do, some don't. some will, some wont. I had a will, so I did.
You'll find the time. it might not be right now, but it will happen. But be carefull. if you hurry along, you will forget your aim, and wish you would have taken the care to do some things rite that at the time, you knew you could have done better, but didn't.

I definitely know the feeling. Im not exactly driving 120 miles everyday but close to 85 each way. On top of that im in school 5 days of the week. And when I finally get days off or some time to do stuff..I still cant cause i have no work space!

Wait until you start and run out of money because your ideas are bigger than wallet. Shit sucks hard

Muahahaha I just ordered an engine stand and a vesrah gasket kit to start with. I think I'm going to buy a few storage totes from Walmart and do things one at a time. Maybe if I'm organized and clean about it the ol' lady will let me build inside....then again probably not..lol

some guys have built inside their homes.
Since your buying parts for the clutch, get the upgraded spring bolts. the originals will prolly strip on you, the capscrews used in the new ones will never strip.

Back