I think I might have a problem....bikes keep finding me!

JP50515

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
So today I managed to talk this guy down from $750 to $400 and my old sub and amp from highschool....plus an old phone.

THEY JUST KEEP FINDING ME!!!!

This is my buddy in the pic. He helps me out with some of my work...he is true greenhorn when it comes to bikes but he's damn good with money (investment banking major at the Carlson Business School at the U of M lol) I told him i'd find him a CB750 for under $500....and here it is.

Its got about 19XXX on the clock, a goofy ignition and needs a new charging rotor (so far as I can tell without actually testing it yet) but it'll be a great foundation for his build....and it's got brand new tires :)

He bought it off me as soon as we got it home....however I will likely end up doing most of the build. Gonna use this one to share some knowledge with a friend and teach him the ways of our kind lol.

Gonna do something similar to the Steel Bent Customs cafe' builds with this one. Minimalist, flat seat, 4-1 exhaust, clip ons or clubmans and new paint.

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• 405961_10152811946815113_928302622_n.jpg
    405961_10152811946815113_928302622_n.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 91
I have two of those DOHC 750 Customs and like them a lot. Yeah, the rotors are usually bad and usually why these bikes are not running and sit for years without being fixed. If your stator shows a short just give it a good cleaning with WD40 and it will probably be just fine. Ricks is the most reliable rewound rotors available for these. Decent horsepower and sportbike revs. Change the rear sprocket for decent gearing, I use a 39 tooth.

Hey thanks for the info. Ever run into an ignition that only comes on when the key is in a specific spot (other then on) lol

We're on the wrong forum. Check out the Honda DOHC Custom Forum. Seems that you have a dirty ignition switch. The switches do come apart to be cleaned, I've done two without breaking anything. Check out that forum there is a sticky there on the switch. Also, those carbs are useless with pod filters, keep the airbox and paper filter.

Scott

Back