IDEAL size single carb ?

TurboFarviknugn

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am having carb issues, hovering around 3k for 5-10 seconds after rolling off throttle driving me NUTS !!! (Could needing a valve adjustment affect this problem just started outta no where, really only thing I have not done.)

ANY WHO, I am toying with switching to a single carb setup just wondering of any IF any drawbacks to switching. I am thinking of going with a SINGLE LECTRON carb and looking for input on the ideal size in MM the folks here would recommend.

My bike is a 81 hardtailed bobber so the stock look is obviously of no concern to me moreso looking for functionality, the motor is bone stock except for short free flowing exhaust and a 17-30 tooth sprocket combo. I do both highway and back country riding here in South Texas.

ANYONE got a 2 into 1 intake they want to turn loose of CHEAP ? I know Joe Wiseguy sells them but $200.00 aint gonna happen, I will make one before I drop that kinda cash on one.

:banghead:

Running a single there is no syncing required.
the 1 into 2 intakes are not high performance.
Hugh told me that putting an lectron on one is a waste of money. And he would not even sell me one to use for that.
Maybe Your RPMs are hanging because the carbies are out of sync. And the Idle is set a little to high. That has happened to me before for that reason. I synced the carbies and was able to lower the idle. then the problem went away.

I got my set up on here from a member for cheap..Im running a 190mj and a 28.5pj. I know the po changed the needle... Id say I prefer it over the old bs38s I had. Idles good, lost a little bit of off idle accel, just not as smooth.. little jumpy, but it pulls SUPER hard and is pretty damn Quick!! Plus its still a 1 kick bitch!! Ill do a little more tuning, but overall i prefer it for sure.

Back