iPhone mount -- to use as speedo

MUCHADO

uhhhh
Reaction score
Anyone delete their factory gauges and just use their phone as a speedo?

I'd like to make or buy a mount something like this:
fb26b9c6.jpg

I have a RAM mount for a GPS that I never ended up getting... It's solid. If you can find one for the phone, I'd go for that.

I dont get it with u guys with no speedo.
When I was younger I had a 73 lemans with no speedo and any time there was no traffic to flow with I was screwed.
I once got nailed on the on ramp to the highway doing 74mph and once u get nailed they'll have a second ticket for u bc it'll be obvious u dont have one.
On top of that ( at least with the bastard PD around here) Wile they'r at it they'll do 20 circles around ur bike to see how many more they can rack up for u. Like having no baffles in ur exhaust, no front fender, no mirrors etc,etc, I'm sure many of u can add to this list.
Point is ,Ya it looks kooler but its not worth going threw all that.

Ah! another thing I'v learned is when u get busted going 110 in a 45 its not just a speeding ticket any more. They throw reckless driving anf some other crap on top of that. Then u need to get a lawyer n they threaten u with prison and all sorts of fun stuff.
I dont remember at what point it becomes so much more but I do know when I see a cop I like to know how fast I'm going.

why not just delete the speedo and call it a day?

Keep the law man off my ass...

I dont get it with u guys with no speedo.
When I was younger I had a 73 lemans with no speedo and any time there was no traffic to flow with I was screwed.
I once got nailed on the on ramp to the highway doing 74mph and once u get nailed they'll have a second ticket for u bc it'll be obvious u dont have one.
On top of that ( at least with the bastard PD around here) Wile they'r at it they'll do 20 circles around ur bike to see how many more they can rack up for u. Like having no baffles in ur exhaust, no front fender, no mirrors etc,etc, I'm sure many of u can add to this list.
Point is ,Ya it looks kooler but its not worth going threw all that.

Ah! another thing I'v learned is when u get busted going 110 in a 45 its not just a speeding ticket any more. They throw reckless driving anf some other crap on top of that. Then u need to get a lawyer n they threaten u with prison and all sorts of fun stuff.
I dont remember at what point it becomes so much more but I do know when I see a cop I like to know how fast I'm going.

Kinda what I was thinkin

I saw the ram mount earlier it sticks way up in the air. There's some mtn bike mounts I am going to check out which are lower profile--and should do what I need it to.

Cool idea. Three things:
1. What if your phone dies - maybe integrate a charger.
2. Would be kinda cool if your Iphone would be a necessary component...kinda like your key..
3. What if it rains.

I'm using a garmin nuvi mounted with velcro to the triple clamp on my tracker, never been hasseled by the 5o for it.

been thinking of using my GPS (TOM TOM) for a speedo.trying to find away to wire it up make it look good and be removable easily

Made my iPhone mount tonight.. Using the case from Xshot. Reason for this is so I can use it as a speedometer.

I have it on a pivot so I can shoot video from my bars... Either forward or back at me.

c7c809b4.jpg

74be1b39.jpg

IMG_20110314_212456.jpg

IMG_20110314_212506.jpg

Back