• XS2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TX650

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Ted

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Bought this XS650 a few weeks ago which looks like an XS2. The frame/engine number isS650 204905 but when you look at vin number lists it appears as a TX650. Are the ally wheels after market?

Attachments

• ad1.jpg
    ad1.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 165
  • ad9.jpg
    ad9.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 156
Where's the "frankenbike" button?

Serial numbers say '73 TX650.
XS2 tins.
The top triple clamp looks like the '73 "366" TX650.
Left exhaust valve cover is missing the '72-'73 decompression feature.
Alloy rims came later...

Last edited:
Agree with TwoMany.
Also the lower front forks are 73 TX650.
Looks like the basic bike was originally 73 TX650 however the tank is 72 and the rims are 74 or later.

The good news is that a 73 TX can be built as a pretty red 72 and only the snottiest 650 snobs will know the difference.

Hi Gary, txxs,
"There's only two colours to paint a bike; one's black, t'other's the colour fools paint 'em."
And Ted,
those wheels are stock XS650 from later years & IMHO the best looking wheels the bike ever had although they're a bitch to keep clean.

Last edited:
I think you're probably better off with the later front wheel. The '72 disc mount was rather odd and funky, to say the least.

Nothinging wrong with a "bits-a-bike"....Shoot, I have a '77 KZ with an '83 forks and a '82 engine and post '80 wheels.....All KZ......

Last edited:
At least their all Yamaha parts ! that's a step in the right direction...... a friend of mine had a Honda-yama-kawa-zuki !!!!!!
the problem was remembering what parts were what make on the thing... going to the bike shop he had to hit every bike shop in town !
hahaha !
...... good find ! it'll make a nice bike !
Bob........

Back