For Sale - ISO good swap meets

Price

xsexcess

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some well-attended vintage motorcycle swap meets. My thought is to load up a trailer and offer up parts and bikes. I have a dozen 'standard' XS650s in the barn plus parts and I'm at an age they need to be in the hands of someone who will use them. Could start an ebay store I know and may do that. But the swap meet idea has some appeal. I'm in north TX, so would rather not drag a 16' trailer to Maine.....seems like there once was an XS650 only event that happened in Missouri yearly???? How is the Barber meet?

Mid Ohio Vintage Days may be too much of a trek for you but should be a very good swap meet.

The XS650 event is in Arkansas. You’d probably sell about nothing. If more than a dozen of us show up, it’s a big crowd. The Barber Vintage Festival in October is your best bet. That’s Birmingham, Alabama. VJMC rally wouldn’t rid you of much, if anything. At Mid Ohio and Barber, people show up with trucks, trailers, and pockets full of money. They are looking to buy.

I'm going to aim for a trip to Mid-Ohio end of June. Can probably get 6-7 bikes and some parts in the loadout. If anyone is looking for a particular bike let me know. I have 3 77s, 1 XS-1, 2 XS-2s and parts (pre electric start engine, front drum brake wheel) to make one into an XS-1, 2 1973s, several 1975s. These are all complete, and in various conditions. The 77s are runners. Others are not. All presently stored underneath pallet rackage packed tight in so hard to get pics. As I pull them out to begin loading I'll be able to take photos and post.

I'm going to aim for a trip to Mid-Ohio end of June. Can probably get 6-7 bikes and some parts in the loadout. If anyone is looking for a particular bike let me know. I have 3 77s, 1 XS-1, 2 XS-2s and parts (pre electric start engine, front drum brake wheel) to make one into an XS-1, 2 1973s, several 1975s. These are all complete, and in various conditions. The 77s are runners. Others are not. All presently stored underneath pallet rackage packed tight in so hard to get pics. As I pull them out to begin loading I'll be able to take photos and post.
I'll be there with my buddy Chris, camping and MAYBE racing our vintage dirt bikes. Chris TT500, me XL125(145). I will be on the look out for your XSs.

Been around for 2 years.............Welcome by the way first thread/posts. I guess the site has been a lot of help, just like people are bending over backwards with their information now.

Have you thought of paying back some of that help, maybe offering up part of that collection your trying to get rid of. After all this is the for sale section and your asking advice on where to sell your collection under a for sale thread.

My humor, as often pointed out to me, can be sarcasm and facetious at times and to the point

Skull.....I looked at the other forums and none of them seemed appropriate. Not sure what you're asking.....that I should 'list' some items for sale on the forum? No problem with that. I'm just getting started with this. I did snag a booth at the Mid-Ohio show BTW so will be there with several bikes and some parts. The trouble with humor is that it is context specific. Hard to tell the difference between jocular fun and something darker without context.

Thanks NMRN, I lived in So Cal for years and don't remember knowing about this show. Gonna be visiting my Daughter there later this summer, so may delay that trip to coincide with the meet. Maybe bring some things in my pickup (no trailer on that trip). If any requests from west coasters please advise.

The Barber swap meet is amazing, as is the whole venue. As another member indicated it can apparently be hard to get a spot, so decide early and make reservations, especially for accommodations.

Never been to Mid-Ohio but the reports after the fact make it seem huge.

A reminder, both those events are multi-faceted, in that there are shows, displays, seminars, and racing all at the same time you are trying to sell stuff. I've never been to a VJMC event other than "Jap Bike Mike's" in Mass in the spring (or was it fall? :thumbsdown:). From the magazine reports those all seem to be "shows" and/or "ride-ins". I don't get the feeling there is a lot of swapping going on at those, but I could be wrong.

Once you get things dug out and cleared out enough, snap a few pics and post up. Maybe members close by might take one or two off your hands?

Back