just picked up 2 650s last night

tigman175

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Picked up 2 650s last night (w/o titles). They both have aluminum wheels that have a lip around the edge. Ive done a search and cant find much about them. Can anyone tell me what the deal is with those? Are they good to use on bobber or stick with steel???

thanks. ive searched a little more and they seem to be called akront style, or "shouldered". Look a little wild to me.

They hold water and pit. I prefer later wheels altho my next bike will be shouldered as I like them also and have a set in the basement.

Posted via Mobile

Here is one of them. Forks look super long or maybe just spaced up somehow. The kickstand actually has a kickstand welded to the bottom of it lol.
full

From the looks of it, 76 - 78 Standard model. Note the brakes and what you can see from dash lights. Also looks like it has extended forks. The one in the background is 74 or 75 from the front brakes.
Those rims are highly desirable, lighter than the steel or mags.

The one in the background has 76' brake the caliber is behind the fork. No I am mistaken the forks are facing the other direction. Good call Grepper.

Last edited:
They are junk.....I'll be by soon to take them off your hands. LOL!!

Back