Kawi rolls it's own cafe.

MacMcMacmac

Failed Hedonist.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I know most of us are doing it for the fun, but I'd trade in all three of my bikes for one of these:

kawa-cafe-1.jpg

http://cmgonline.com/content/view/3238/51/

A true "Retro Bike" would have a kicker......I'm just sayin'......

Nice looking bike, but I think it's trying too hard to be an XS. Why have a retro when you can have (or have got) the real deal. XS 800 would be nice though....

Even if this were to be available in the US, Canada and the UK can you imagine the price tag? I bet you could take an xs650, install a 750 kit and dress it up to look exactly like the pictured Kawasaki and have lots of money left over for your other projects, plus you'd have a kicker on it too..

I would rather have tonyc's bike. Looks more like a Triumph than an ACTUAL Triumph. Very nicely done! But the Kawi is also quite nice.

Hi Guys,

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". Oh, yeah. I would prefer a real XS--or Triumph--but it's a nice looking Kaw. Thing is, it probably has complicated plumbing, and horrible electrics--computer this and that and the other thing--and, as mentioned, no non-electric leg.

I like simplicity. I guess I can live with an electric starter, and even turn signals, but rev limiters and built-in GPS is for.....CARS!!

So: it looks nice. I'd like one just to have one. Do I lust for one like I do for a nice XS or Triumph? No. But still, it would look nice sitting next to the Beemer or a BSA single.....

No kick-start is a no-go for me. The styling is "trying to hard" to say the least.

Yamaha should put the XS back into production to compete with this thing. I bet it would still sell like it did in '79.

Back