Learning

Brian902

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Dad always said;

If you can read and follow instructions, you can learn.

If you can listen and follow instructions, you can learn.

If you can't do either you are indeed in trouble.

I wonder how many read the XS650 Tech section first before submitting threads?

People have the ability to read and learn, but they have to take time and effort to do so. Therein lies the problem. A commom weaknest of mankind, is that people are lazy, and would rather be spoon fed the exact answer to a question.

Sure you can reference the Tech section, and even give them the exact thread to read, but quite often they come right back and ask the same question again.

The Carb Guide is a good example. Grizld1 and 5twins put a lot of work into producing it. However many posters want it repeated back especially for them, instead of reading and understanding for themselves.

Will this ever change? ...................nope!.............you can't change human nature.:yikes:

I wonder how many read the XS650 Tech section first before submitting threads?

I agree and wonder myself. Takes longer to post a thread and ask the question than doing a Google search. They then wait for an answer, (could take up o 24 hours). Then when the answers roll in there can be conflicting views....................Another day rolls by...............Then another.............

Ah well. better to wait for answers than doing some research............hang on where do i look for the answers to do the research................Please i am in a hurry

156afec0784d01302116001dd8b71c47.jpg

Yebbut; in reading and absorbing the Tech Section, there's no interaction taking place and some people feel the need to participate, even if it's asking the same questions as have been answered. I've no doubt I'll do the same when I come to fit the Kwack carbs on mine - I have the thread to hand, and I know what to get and modify them, but somewhere along the line I might have to ask a dumb question. Or two :)
I've noticed a couple of posters recently who mentioned they've been reading and absorbing and rebuilt their bikes with almost no forum presence - just taking the knowledge of the forum and using it. That's what it's for and that's excellent when it works that way.

Back