Ls4 Powered Triumph GT6

I’ve actually had a high speed crash in a GT6. I wasn’t driving, and we both escaped unscathed. However the Triumph was terminal. Long long time ago.

We have a local Brit car restoration shop. One of the things they do.. stuff GM V6 cylinders in MG"s. Not only do they look " correct "... great fit.. saves over a 100 pounds from stock... they really haul Azz.. I rode in one.... serious fun. I bid on one at a auction... but deep pockets won... my pockets don't go pass the second knuckle.

There's a auction come'n up... seems the " Gas Monkey " guy bought the entire private collection from the owner of a local cycle boneyard....over 150 bikes.. cars..cycle-auto memorabilia... reportedly the Gas Monkey guy even bought the property.... So.... I'm sure DEEP pockets on site and on the web.....

Thats gonna be a cool car... Nothing like a high horse motor in a tiny little car. I've built a few of those, had a Vega wagon with a 383sbc, a few V8ed S10's, Ford Courier/w a 289. A high school buddies step dad had a Luv with a 383, that truck set me on the path at that time. I'm actively looking for another Courier/B1600 to v8. This time my plan is EFI 5.0 with a Mustang front clip, but Couries/B1600's are very hard to find these days.

Impressive fab skills but there is such a thing as too much engine.
I like the project, but.... A GT6 has an inline six. An inline six has character all it's own. If I want a GT6, I want the six! It's nice they're making a supercar out of what was a POS. A nice save for sure.

When I was a teen, knew a guy that had a Healy 3000 with a Ford 289 in it. late 60's early 70's, the final heyday of Brit cars, knew lots of guys with Healy's MG's and Triumph's. First car I ever drove was an MG Midget, older gal had it and let me give it a try

The 4.2 inline 6 from the Colorados is supposedly an American Barra. Albeit from the wrong manufacturer. Then there is the 1jz or 2jz if you have really deep pockets and like Toyota. Or the RB motors from the Skyline. Uncle Tony is building a slant 6 Mid Engine Miata, it's a pretty cool idea.

Thats gonna be a cool car... Nothing like a high horse motor in a tiny little car. I've built a few of those, had a Vega wagon with a 383sbc, a few V8ed S10's, Ford Courier/w a 289. A high school buddies step dad had a Luv with a 383, that truck set me on the path at that time. I'm actively looking for another Courier/B1600 to v8. This time my plan is EFI 5.0 with a Mustang front clip, but Couries/B1600's are very hard to find these days.
I've seen a Luv with a 454 and a 6-71 blower. Knew a guy with a Monza coupe 350 with dual carb tunnel ram. He still had stocker wheels and tires when I last saw it lol. I'd love to have a Vega, Monza, or a Maverick/comet. Been really into AMCs lately. I grew up in Matadors, Gremlins, and a Concord. Although you would almost have to motor swap an AMC just to keep costs down. Came across this beauty on the webz this morning.
2df169735c4c082e5708de1e0a7f9209.jpg

I've seen a Luv with a 454 and a 6-71 blower. Knew a guy with a Monza coupe 350 with dual carb tunnel ram. View attachment 194045
Was his name Rusty Allison? They gent I knew with the Luv also had a sbc Monza, he was originally from your neck of the woods. He lived in Atchison for a while and then I believe moved back to central KS. He may have given the Monza to his kid who lived "somewhere around Manhattan" but I can't remember specifically where. The Monza you described sounds just like his though. Dual tunnel ram, SBC, stock wheels. The Monza was black (I think), Luv was bright yellow.

I don't think 300hp will be too much.
I own a GT6. It is a fun car to drive. Light and quick with about 120 HP. These cars weigh less than 2,000 lbs and are very small. You don't sit in it as much as you wear it. You also have to drive it like you are riding a motorcycle; head on a swivel and assuming people don't see you and if they do, are trying to kill you. If you get into an accident it's bad news.
Now add another 200 HP without modern brakes, traction control, air bags, crumple zones, visibility, etc.
I have a friend with a 427 Cobra. When he drives it it takes 100% of his concentration and will break loose at the slightest push of the skinny pedal. When he wants to go on a fun drive he takes his 75 HP Spitfire. Kind of like taking the 650 out rather than the CBR1000RR.

I own a GT6. It is a fun car to drive. Light and quick with about 120 HP. These cars weigh less than 2,000 lbs and are very small. You don't sit in it as much as you wear it. You also have to drive it like you are riding a motorcycle; head on a swivel and assuming people don't see you and if they do, are trying to kill you. If you get into an accident it's bad news.
Now add another 200 HP without modern brakes, traction control, air bags, crumple zones, visibility, etc.
I have a friend with a 427 Cobra. When he drives it it takes 100% of his concentration and will break loose at the slightest push of the skinny pedal. When he wants to go on a fun drive he takes his 75 HP Spitfire. Kind of like taking the 650 out rather than the CBR1000RR.
It's more fun to drive a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow!

Was his name Rusty Allison? They gent I knew with the Luv also had a sbc Monza, he was originally from your neck of the woods. He lived in Atchison for a while and then I believe moved back to central KS. He may have given the Monza to his kid who lived "somewhere around Manhattan" but I can't remember specifically where. The Monza you described sounds just like his though. Dual tunnel ram, SBC, stock wheels. The Monza was black (I think), Luv was bright yellow.
This was in OKC about 1994 or so. I think this one was black and red diagonal split straight out of the 80s.

They put a C6 corvette rear end and brakes in back and crown vic up front. Hardly the best brakes, but it should do the job.

Back