Ls4 Powered Triumph GT6

I own a GT6. It is a fun car to drive. Light and quick with about 120 HP. These cars weigh less than 2,000 lbs and are very small. You don't sit in it as much as you wear it. You also have to drive it like you are riding a motorcycle; head on a swivel and assuming people don't see you and if they do, are trying to kill you. If you get into an accident it's bad news.
Now add another 200 HP without modern brakes, traction control, air bags, crumple zones, visibility, etc.
I have a friend with a 427 Cobra. When he drives it it takes 100% of his concentration and will break loose at the slightest push of the skinny pedal. When he wants to go on a fun drive he takes his 75 HP Spitfire. Kind of like taking the 650 out rather than the CBR1000RR.

I think you might need to actually watch the videos before commenting, that way you might know what you are talking about.

He's built a new frame with new suspension and brakes made for cars which weighed more than twice the weight of the GT6.

I think you might need to actually watch the videos before commenting, that way you might know what you are talking about.
He's built a new frame with new suspension and brakes made for cars which weighed more than twice the weight of the GT6.
I've watched this since the beginning and it has been extensively discussed on the Triumph forum.
Thanks for playing.

Just because they are cobbling brakes together from two different cars doesn't mean they will be equal to a car designed with a modern braking system.
If you want to come at me do it in the PMs. Wow.

Just because they are cobbling brakes together from two different cars doesn't mean they will be equal to a car designed with a modern braking system.
If you want to come at me do it in the PMs. Wow.

I'm not coming at you, but it is obvious to me you simply have a hard on over this build. If I am incorrect, I apologize, but the fact you edited your original post about them not upgrading the chassis to that of their not upgrading the brakes makes me believe I am correct (in fact, I'm not sure you've really watched the build, but instead have all your "information" from posts others have made about the car on the Triumph forum.

With an adjustable proportioning valve and proper master cylinder selection, they'll have very modern brakes. Brakes are a simple matter of transferring forward motion into heat, then dissipating it. Given the lightweight of the vehicle, the 2-piston front, single piston rear set up they are using, coupled with fairly large, vented rotors all the way round, (not to mention good, sticky tires with plenty of road contact) they will have very effective brakes (likely stopping better than most modern cars) bolted to very modern suspension. The only thing they won't have is ABS, but that's not much of a big deal so long as they get the balance right in the first place and are reasonably competent drivers.

They're obviously doing their homework, so to speak, so I will be very surprised if, in the end, this thing won't stop fast enough you'll need to pick your eyes up off the dashboard!

For Pete's sake. I made the statement that sometimes a car can have too much engine. Case in point my friend with the 427 Cobra. Powerful? Yes. Good brakes? Yes. Fun to drive? Not so much. The GT6 is a fun car to drive. I doubt this one will be but it's their car and I wish them well. Like I said, great fab skills.
Now stop being butthurt because I don't happen to share your opinion.

For Pete's sake. I made the statement that sometimes a car can have too much engine. Case in point my friend with the 427 Cobra. Powerful? Yes. Good brakes? Yes. Fun to drive? Not so much. The GT6 is a fun car to drive. I doubt this one will be but it's their car and I wish them well. Like I said, great fab skills.
Now stop being butthurt because I don't happen to share your opinion.

:laugh2::lmao::lmao::laugh2::rolleyes:

Back