missing hardware

kbtoy

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Help I am missing a acorn nut that holds my exhaust on. The one that is miss is the one at the rear that holds the stock muffler to the frame. If anyone has one please let me know. Thanks

He may mean the nut that holds the rear of the muffler to the foot peg bracket.
Posting the year and model of your bike and any mods to it will help us help you. a lot of us put this info in the signature, that way it's always there and you don't have to write it out every time.
If you have one of these nuts, take it to a good hard ware store and look in the metric section.
Leo

If it's the acorn nut that holds the muffler bracket to the passenger foot peg, then it is a M12-1.25 nut, which is fine thread, and which is the holy grail of acorn nuts. In other words, if anyone has a source for M12-1.25 acorn nuts, I'd like to know about it.
In my experience, you will be doing good just to find a regular M12-1.25 nut locally.
I have some stainless (non-acorn) ones that I got from McMaster-Carr, if you cant find one locally I'll mail one to you for a small fee.

Yes it is a 79 special and yes it is the bracket by rear foot peg. Also it is metric Ace hardware was no help. Thanks for the replys

Back