Morn'n RANT ! Grrrrrr

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Not a Xs650.... one of the others in the stable .... no problems in pass seasons.... but now.... &^^%$ :mad: starts...runs.... but...... about every 3rd or 4th key on....main fuse pops... I hate electrical... like look'n for gremlins in a thunderstorm...... Grrrrr . :mad::mad::mad:

Not a Xs650.... one of the others in the stable .... no problems in pass seasons.... but now.... &^^%$ :mad: starts...runs.... but...... about every 3rd or 4th key on....main fuse pops... I hate electrical... like look'n for gremlins in a thunderstorm...... Grrrrr . :mad::mad::mad:
Had a similar issue with my H-D Road King's "Passing Lamps". Of course they are on the same circuit as the Headlight. Never actually found the cause, so I just remade the passing lamp wiring and voila, problem solved. There were a couple of spots where the insulation looked iffy, and the bike IS 18 years old. Fixin' to take a 1500 mile trip so...

Given your stable, that could be anything from WWII Era, to 6v Lucas, to modern Hitachi.....good luck:yikes:

Back