My new junk.

spent

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's up guys, not new to chops, but new to XS's and to this forum, so I thought I'd start with some pics of my latest project. Its an XS roller that was chopped back in the day[no idea what year] with a frozen up motor. I've got a donor bike with a good motor that I hope to get within the week, and my plans for now are to put that motor in this chassis and ride the shit out of it while I build a rigid roller with parts from the donor. I guess after that, I'll sell this whole roller to fund all the shiny bits I want to finish things off. Pretty funky real-deal XS chop though, I look forward to putting some miles under it.
0708121552.jpg

0708121552b.jpg

0708121552a.jpg

0708121553.jpg

Anyhow, there seems like a lot of talent on here [some of you guys I recognise from the other chop/car/art forums I'm on], so I look forward to stealing all of your ideas and taking complete credit for them.

Thanks, man. The weather looks nice in the pics, but what you can't see is that it was about 105 degrees when that picture was taken. Summer in Fresno makes me want to move closer to the coast.

Totally off topic, but what IS that thing hooked to that tractor (I'm an old farm boy...). Looks like a lot of implement for that size tractor.

The thing on the tractor is a mower for the almond orchard. Its a bit heavy, but that New Holland is 4X4 and pretty nose heavy, so it does ok.

Welcome to the site spent.
Are those solid struts or dampered? Looks like somekind of an adjustment at the top.
Can't help with the year but it must be a TX bike with the long horn bars. ;)

On the highjack it is a flail mower right? With the T blades on short chains?

Last edited:
Good call on the struts and the mower, weekendrider: the struts are dampered. I kind of like them but I'm not sure how long the swingarm chassis is going to last. I'm starting to kind of dig it, but I can't help but want another rigid. Honestly, I'm not sure how much of what you see is going to be on my finished bike. I've had it up for sale almost since I got it, and I'm just waiting on that donor before I decide which way I'm going exactly.

I'm going to order the bends to make my pipes tomorrow. Mocked up a quickie bracket today and tried out a square Aris I had in my parts pile:
0731121900.jpg

Back