my new twin build

Actually the tank is a little darker than the wheels, there is a lot of metallic in the paint. It's tough to match the color exactly, and because I was getting a good side deal on the paint job I just told the guy to get close. I'm happy with the results for sure though.

Yea I left that side empty because I figured twin discs with four piston calipers might be a bit much. But the wheel does look a little empty.

It will also look a little different once I get the front fender on there.

I am glad you at least seen my point, as it were. I did not mean to degrade your work in anyway. Maybe just the bolt holes painted to matched the wheel, would not draw the eye there? I think it is because of the color difference and the spacing away from center.

Agreed, I meant to mention to the powdercoating place to not block off the holes on that side, just to powder right over them, but then I forgot. Ah well :)

Ok, so I still have to make a seat cover for the bike, and the fuel line is not on, but other than that, I'm saying this bike is done! Here are the pictures....

WIN_20150208_161450_zps26bb771b.jpg

WIN_20150208_161458_zpse2e58423.jpg

WIN_20150208_161522_zps76053fcd.jpg

WIN_20150208_161544_zpsc64250aa.jpg

WIN_20150208_161556_zps911dbfa0.jpg

WIN_20150208_161605_zpsf4baa5ab.jpg

Thanks everyone for all your support over this project, on to the next one!!!

Came out really effing awesome!

When I first saw the mock up, I was thinking the handle bars seemed a little high...but seeing the finished look/stance, they actually sit really well.

I bet it's a blast to ride. Good job, really nice work!

Yep that turned out real nice. How long until you change your mind and chop it up again? :)

thats looking great ! :thumbsup: nice proportions, as you say looks a perfect fit and balance for the smaller person.
Its the kind of no fuss bike you feel you can just sling your leg over anytime and go for a quick blast ,off road or on .

Love the design and welding is ace. Wish I had a fraction of the vision and creative skills you builders have:(

Thanks guys I really appreciate the good comments. The bike is not everyone's taste but that's the point right? We all build what makes us happy. Speaking of which....

Yep that turned out real nice. How long until you change your mind and chop it up again? :)

Don't you jinx me like that Ricky Bobby! Don't you put that evil on me! ;)

Thanks guys I really appreciate the good comments. The bike is not everyone's taste but that's the point right? We all build what makes us happy. Speaking of which....

Don't you jinx me like that Ricky Bobby! Don't you put that evil on me! ;)
Needs airbags! lol
I swear, man. You could build a Honda spree on here, and I bet we all would be waiting with bells on! I bet it would be sick too!:laugh:

No clue what was used for this build, but I'd lean towards a Buell XB shock. Same method of operation (direct attachment to the frame and swingarm with no linkage) so the spring and valving will be in the ball park and best of all, pretty cheap.

Back