New kid with a brat build

THEbananaDZL

100% First Timer
Reaction score
Hey all, Just wanted to post up a quick intro of myself and my bike build.

My name is Alec, 21 years old currently living in central Massachusetts. I am currently taking some time off from work as a small engine mechanic/Firefighter/EMT/car detailer to spend some time with my family before I leave for the Airforce in a couple months, May 14th.

I have always been into things that go and taking them apart to figure out how and why they go. I have been fixing up a 1949 Ford F3 for years now, and always working on things in my garage and this past summer I decided I wanted to build a bike, hence finding this site.

As for bikes I currently ride a 2008 Triumph Daytona 675 both on the street and the track. I put about 10,000 miles a year on her so she isn't just a weekend toy. she has been all over New England and even to Canada on a weekend camping trip. so I truly enjoy to ride. My project bike is a 1980 XS650 that I hope to build into a brat bobber. The idea of a bobber came this past summer when I asked my buddy if I could take his Harley Fatboy out for a cruise and found myself thoroughly enjoying the ride. Having always been on sport bikes it was a nice change to have my arms up, feet out, and the twin motor below me just chugging along. I will always have my sport bikes but I wanted something slower, lower, and cooler. Whats better then a handbuilt xs650 bobber? And what better way to learn about these sweet bikes by just jumping in head first with a cut off wheel and a welder! I will post up the link to my build thread when I get around to making it.

I have already learned a ton about these bikes from this site, and I look forward to learning much much more!

Thanks in advance!
-Alec

Here is the link to my build, http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?p=258004#post258004

And my other ride two wheeled ride,
30i9bab.jpg

Back