Mystery Wire.. HELP!

Ksboy19

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Alright, I know ive asked this question a billion times but i still cant figure this damn thing out and its starting to get rediculously frustrating. I am building a bobber, and im using the TC bros 80-84, 8 pin simple wiring harness, i ws ttold to cap the yellow wire of, and the green one goes to the reg. But as you can tell from my pics, there is no where to plug them in, each connector already has the correct number of wires in them. I have no idea where that damn green wire goes. HELP!

Attachments

• 0506111335-00.jpg
    0506111335-00.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 0527111925-00.jpg
    0527111925-00.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 0527111924-00.jpg
    0527111924-00.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 62
If he said cap the yellow wire off, he meant don't connect it to anything. Just wrap tape around the end to insulate it, and put it somewhere. The green wire, you need to bug him until he tells you what to do. If I remember the price of the harness right, he can afford to include a lot of tech support with it. You donlt necessarily need a connector for the wire. There;s such a thing as splices, but I don't know why he;d make a harness like that.

Do you have a wiring diagram for what you're trying to do?

Last edited:
Yeah, he sends one with it.. but it says nothing about this particular wire. I sent him an email, but the last few ive sent him ive had no reply. And ive had plenty of replies from the forum, but I still cant seem to figure it out. Ive been told to plug it into the regulator, but as the pics show, if i did that, theres not a female plug for it to connect to, which makes me wonder if i should just cap it off too?

3 white is for the stator, black and green are brushes of the alternator, blue is for the neutral switch. I've seen that blue turn a light green due to UV rays, dirt and what have you. Yellow goes to the RLU, safety switch and headlightlights. Thats what is shows on my 6 wire connecter and SG wiring diagram. 3 white, black, green andbrown go to stock regulator. Hope this helps.

Put up a picture of the diagram, with the wire you're talking about drawn on it. Include what it comes from.

If your not going to use it, sure cap it off. or use it for another curcuit.

like maybe you wanna have a ciggie lighter, for example. If your not gonna use the wire for a nuetral light, use it for a ciggie lighter or running light or.....as long as its fused and wired up for its use correctly. Or you can clip it out entirely....

Back