Need a picture

y22c

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Could someone please post a photo of the wiring under the right side cover.
I have a single red/white wire (male bullet) that was hacked wired into the white connector (red/white, yellow, black).
Would like to know how Yamaha did it

TIA

Could someone please post a photo of the wiring under the right side cover.
I have a single red/white wire (male bullet) that was hacked wired into the white connector (red/white, yellow, black).
Would like to know how Yamaha did it

TIA
Might help to say what motorcycle this is or at least the year as there have been some changes over the years!

Or maybe post a picture of yours?

Sorry, 77 XS650 standard

Attachments

• 20240425_164511.jpg
    20240425_164511.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 21
The red/white wite with the "paperclip" connects to the red/white wire in the white plug...what I am asking is there a short connection harness I am missing because I am sure Yamaha didn't do it this way

Attachments

• 20240426_142440.jpg
    20240426_142440.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 19
Edit.
A fuse holder with leads should be present. Yes the red/white from the solenoid should be fed from a red/white lead after the ignition, kill switches, and safety relay.
starter circuit.jpg

main fuse.jpg

Last edited:
The red/white wite with the "paperclip" connects to the red/white wire in the white plug...what I am asking is there a short connection harness I am missing because I am sure Yamaha didn't do it this way
That's a neat paperclip trick, I will need to remember that for the future.
Also, your wires on the starter relay are out of the holder, make sure to put them back and crimp the holder a little to relieve strain on the wires.

Back