Need help with wireing a new Tach

Inevitable

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I ordered this from MikesXS

http://www.mikesxs.net/product/03-0744.html

I could swear it came with a wire diagram of what all the wires were, however I have either miss placed it or completely fabricated the idea of the diagram ever existing.

Anyone know what wires go to what?

Attachments

• 20121025_110030.jpg
    20121025_110030.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20121025_105913.jpg
    IMG_20121025_105913.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 125
Hey---It's a speedo not a tach---You need the simple mini-speedo driven by a cable to the front wheel---That gadget wants to do six different jobs, probably none very good---tim

Ya sorry I got both from MikesXS (speedo and tach) and had to run out to my car to grab the speedo while I was posting. I thought it was the Tach that had all the wires. Anyways question still stands...anyone know what wire goes to what?

Thanks in advance

I've got a similar speedo from Mike's, Here's what the instructions for mine say.
winker- yellow+, yellow/black ground
oil-red+, red/black ground
neutral-green+, green/black ground
back light-orange+,black ground
hi beam-blue wire+, blue/black ground

Colors of the wires match the colors of the LED's. I blieve the one that does not match the color of the LED is the back light for the guague itself.

Hey did you ever get it wired up? i want to buy a speedo/tach set as well, but im confused as to how toy hook the wires up? the existing wires in the headlight have a "connecter/plug" and the new gauges just have exposed naked wires? do you take the "connecter off the existing wires in the headlight case and splice the new one in? help needed?!
Thank you!!!

As far as the wiring diagram, I did the same thing with my handlebar switches. I thought I saw a wiring diagram somewhere before I ripped them out of the packages. I looked everywhere and they were just printed on the back of the cardboard packaging.

Back