Ness Fairing

Might have to change the headlight, depending on what size it is designed for, and probably alter the brackets,

There's a fair amount of subtlety to fairing designs that cause them to be problematic when trying to fit them to bikes other than what they're intended for. Several years ago I bought a fairing intended for an old Moto Guzzi, hoping that I'd be able to cobble up some brackets and mount it to my BMW R90. As soon as I held it up to the R90, I knew it was a no-go. The instrument cluster was the problem in my case.

Not to say you can't adapt one, but you might do a fair amount of searching around before you find one that works. Probably be better off asking folks what fairings are known to fit an XS. In that respect, I know of two: I have an old Shoei fairing that is a more-or-less univeral fit, and it bolts up to the XS just fine. It's either a model FM-2 or FM-3, not sure which. Looks a lot like this FM-2:

CIMG0309a.jpg

Then there's the universal fit cafe fairing that you see all over, like this one. I have one of these as well, that I plan on installing on my '78 cafe project.

yamaha-xs650-1975-cafe-racer-01.jpg

Whichever way you intend to go, good luck with it.

Back