New '76 in the Barn

Arclight88

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Howdy, just scored this pair of LFDs (left for dead). On the left is a '74 Honda CB750K4, and on the right is a '76 XS650C.

It appears to have been dressed in French Blue, from what little paint is left. So now the thinking starts. Restore? Restomod into a cafe or a chopper? Sell it on as a parts bike, or worst case...part it out.

I welcome your thoughts.
IMG_4595.JPG
IMG_4597.JPG
IMG_4602.JPG
IMG_4604.JPG

Howdy, just scored this pair of LFDs (left for dead). On the left is a '74 Honda CB750K4, and on the right is a '76 XS650C.

It appears to have been dressed in French Blue, from what little paint is left. So now the thinking starts. Restore? Restomod into a cafe or a chopper? Sell it on as a parts bike, or worst case...part it out.

I welcome your thoughts.View attachment 246057View attachment 246058View attachment 246059View attachment 246060
How much do you like it and how much are you willing to spend? That answers the question.
I think the least expensive keep it option is a restomod.
If it’s a part out, you have a lot for the recycle bin.

Any of the options on those bikes is going to be a significant investment of time and money. You'll need to envision a result that drives your passion - something you really want to create - or the process will be too laborious (and expensive) and it'll never get done. It's a big commitment.

Back