Newby intro and Halco Ascot frames

MADASL

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello

I am new to this forum but have been on the sidelines for a few months now.

A friend and I bought the original jigs, some frames, parts and spare tubes for the Halco Ascot at the start of this year. We have spent some time building new main jigs and cataloguing the spares that came with the purchase. We both have day jobs so hopefully that explains the time taken to get this far!

There are now 2 new frames made up though they still require brackets and mounts welding on. We have enough tubing to produce a total of 5 frames at this time.

We would be interested to hear from any one interested in these frames and the spares that we have. Our original intention was to build up complete bikes but recognising that people might want to fit tanks, seats, side panels etc of their own preference we decided to start informing people about them at this stage.

Looking forward to chatting with people interested in these and all things XS650.

Regards,

Attachments

• 2012-08-21_16-17-50_710.jpg
    2012-08-21_16-17-50_710.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 2012-08-21_16-16-47_921.jpg
    2012-08-21_16-16-47_921.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 163
Ok I did just enough web research on the Halco Ascot framed bikes to realize my post could use some editing. Best of luck with your frames, they sound like a rare opportunity for the right build. Denny

Thanks - Just to answer your original question the frames we build could be flat tracked in the style you mentioned as we are building from scratch. Noting that for competition these are lighter than standard (and could be lighter again if we used T45 steel - an option available) The elastomeric mounts for the engine would need careful set up though an option is to make the mounts solid for competition in place of the elastomeric mounts. This does defeat the object of the original design admittedly.

Good luck with your build.

Regards,

Back