No start

ercwndt

Eric Wendt
Reaction score
Hey yall!

Having some issues with my bike and im having a more difficult time getting them worked out. At first I thought it was carb issues, then to find out it was an exhaust leak. Fixed that and im still not having the best of luck.

I have BS34s on my bike with a Pamco ignition setup and some aftermarket straight pipes.

When I choke and kick the bike, nothing comes of it for some time. It is very sporadic as to when it likes to start. Once it does start it seems to idle fine and evenly. The problem is that it just is hesitant to start. I have done through just about every range of of the idle set as well as the sync screw between the two carbs. When it does run it occasionally pops out of the right carb. If I am able to get it started and let it warm up it starts first kick every time for about 30 minutes. Then it decides not to, choke or not after that time period.

I have pulled the carbs to soak and clean them as well as going through the neccessary steps as far as adjusting valves, cam chain and the timing right now I believe is set. It has been more difficult as it hasn't been consistently running. Same goes for the sync. I haven't been able to set that as the bike has not been running consistently enough to get the job done.

I guess what I am trying to figure out is the general tuning so I can get the bike kicking over more regularly to dial everything else in.

Let me know if you can shed some light on this.

I have been researching here for some time and it seems as if everything I am finding are things that I have done and/or tried.

Thanks!

There is a small orifice in the bottom of the float bowl. You should be able to see light through it, if its clear. The choke can't work if the orifice is plugged up with crap. Use a small wire and some carb cleaner to clear it out.

Back