Wanted - omars hub kit

doc52

doc52
Reaction score
Want to buy an Omars frt to rr conversion kit....have written a email, and made calls...no answer...if you have one you want to sell, drop me a message....thx mark.
FOUND A KIT!!!! Thanks to the community for reading my post, and responding!

Last edited:
For anyone with the know how and equipment..
19adapt4_zps844a4421.jpg

19adapt3_zpsb3469594.jpg

19adapt2_zpsa76c61d7.jpg

19adapt1_zps78cdcde8.jpg

IMG_0281_zpsfb14e80e.jpg

IMG_0286_zpse919207e.jpg

I got super lucky... placed a want to buy a couple days before you, and bought from a member. Have a multi talented friend that can build the kits....maybe he can supply everyone, and make a few bucks as well. Am trying to organize this in the next couple weeks... the previous supplier was just not dependable.

Im about to break one of my core rules, and repeat something I dont have firsthand knowledge of.. I was researching the forum, and read a post of a customer of Omars that apparently lived close enuf to go check....his words were"Omars is no more, that is all." If I can get my friend to manufacture the kits, I or we will advertise on the forum....sorry, Mark.

what happened to the other guy that makes the conversion kits ??????????????? Jim Henry

Last edited:
what happened to the other guy that makes the conversion kits ??????????????? Jim Henry

Jim had an on track accident and had severe head injuries among others. He did some time in the hospital and is now in extended rehab. He has been selling off his bikes and eventually will move in with his daughter and may some time down the road start using his lathe again, but not any time soon.

Jim had an on track accident and had severe head injuries among others. He did some time in the hospital and is now in extended rehab. He has been selling off his bikes and eventually will move in with his daughter and may some time down the road start using his lathe again, but not any time soon.

Awe shoot hope James is alright, that really sucks but sounds like he was doing what he loves, so hope he heals up fine. Thanks Rahndo for the update last I talked to James he said some time early this year , he had to get me on the list. I will check out the new omars site I have a few more xs to build before I get to that one, I will just shuffle around the builds.

thanks Bro for the update !:thumbsup:

I got super lucky... placed a want to buy a couple days before you, and bought from a member. Have a multi talented friend that can build the kits....maybe he can supply everyone, and make a few bucks as well. Am trying to organize this in the next couple weeks... the previous supplier was just not dependable.

And what became of that line of thought is it do-able and for what price?

What was the price that Omars was selling these kits for? I do CNC work and these would be simple to do if he isn't making them anymore.

$295 usd for OMar's kit
Jim Henry kit was $160 for the same kit and he also built a quick change kit with knock offs $190 for that kit

Last edited:
$295 usd for OMar's kit
Jim Henry kit was $160 for the same kit and he also built a quick change kit with knock offs $190 for that kit

Jim's was not the same kit. It did not come with bearings (or bolts I believe) and you could use the stock sprocket.

Jim's was not the same kit. It did not come with bearings (or bolts I believe) and you could use the stock sprocket.

I cant verify that because I never got my order from Jim so.........!? Did you get an order rahndo or did you know that is how he sold his kits? not that getting bearings and bolts is that big of a deal

I cant verify that because I never got my order from Jim so.........!? Did you get an order rahndo or did you know that is how he sold his kits? not that getting bearings and bolts is that big of a deal

I traded emails with Jim just before his accident and that's what he indicated.

Somewhere on here is Mr. Bultaco's post on his receiving Jim's kit, what bearings and bolts he bought.

This might be the post http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?p=379880#post379880

Back