Orionids Meteor Shower 2022

Mikey

got muscles in his head that ain't never been used
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Makes me wish there wasn't so much light pollution by me but I have friends deer hunting up north so they should get a good look
https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/meteor-shower/orionid.html
Just click on the location and change it to where you are to get a better idea of what you'll see in your area
Visible in :

Light pollution is bad here too but I'll give it a look tonight.

Hint: If you have Google Sky Maps loaded on your phone, it'll point you right at the Orionids shower.

Hint: If you have Google Sky Maps loaded on your phone, it'll point you right at the Orionids shower.
I'll have it installed before tonight I might not see much but I got nothing but time
Just installed now I need to go back to https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/meteor-shower/orionid.html to see what the meteor shower will be by in the sky in relation to what ever planet

Last edited:
My question would be what kind of umbrella is appropriate for a meteor shower?
tin foil hat.jpg

I'm looking to the East below Jupiter

Southeast Mikey. Look to the left of Mars and just above Orion.... if you know your constellations.

Screen grab from Google Sky Maps.

Screenshot_20221021-151147.png

I think the three stars in Orion's belt (Alnitak, Alnilam, and Mintaka) are probably the origin of the great significance of the number 3 beginning with ancient cultures. Three wise men, things happen in threes, trinities, trilogies, knock three times on the ceiling if you want me... Just a gut feeling because of their prominence. Name your kids and pets after them or at least know their names...

To much light pollution for me to see anything
Trouble with me living in the city

^Early in the morning about two weeks ago the power went off, and I went outside and it looked like it was off all over town. Sometimes it's just this street, but I didn't see a single light anywhere. I looked in the sky and was amazed at the number of stars, more than I had ever seen, figuring in my new lens implants. Then about 30 seconds later all the lights came back on at once and the sky went from black to dark gray and the number of stars went down to about 20% or so. Very illustrative to see it in real time like that

Back