pamco 277 wiring hookup

hank2

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Would like to tap the knowledge of this sight before I wire my pamco 277. Installation went perfectly with the help of Hughs guide. Just want to make sure I've got the wiring correct. The green wire goes to the green on the green coil. Black is ground. The red wires on the Pamco go to the respective side coil. So, do the red wires from the coil and Pamco all connect up with R/W wire going to the kill switch? I hope this is not too dumb a question, just want to get it right the first time. Thanks

On the wires from the red/white wires, yes they go to both coil and the Pamco. Also there is a left and right green wire.
Power goes to the coil on the red/white wire. From there it goes on a green wire to the Pamco. The Pamco grounds this green wire. It turns this ground on and off to control when to spark. You don't want the wrong coil to fire.
If in doubt check the install instructions at www.yamahaxs650.com
Leo

XSLeo, you sure have a way of explaining things simply. I was on the right track and now I know why. Thanks for your response. By the way, after following Hughs installation procedure, I will keep left and right coils and wires straight. Cheers!

Back