Pamco Pete....are you out there?

JP50515

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Sorry to try and get in contact with you this way, however i've sent you a few pm's and an email with no response...hoping maybe I can get through to you this way.

If you see this, please send me a PM.

I have a blown pamco, and have some questions for ya

Thank You. :thumbsup:

He started a thread in the Lounge about how he was overwhelmed with all the messages and emails he was getting. Try PMing him again.

jp50515,

Send me a PM with a description of the problem, date purchased etc. Meanwhile, try these tests:

Testing the coil:

1. Using the lowest scale on the meter, measure the resistance between the primary terminals with the wires removed. Should read from 2.5 to 4.5 Ohms.
2. Using the highest scale on the meter, measure between one of the primary terminals and the center core of the coil. Should be infinite resistance. (open)
3. Measure between one of the primary terminals and one of the plug wire terminals. Should be infinite resistance. (open circuit)
4. Measure between one of the plug wire terminals and the core of the coil. Should be infinite resistance (open circuit)
5. Measure from one plug terminal to the other. Should be 15,000 to 20,000 Ohms

Testing the PAMCO

1. Use a voltmeter and check for battery voltage on each of the red/white wires with the key and kill switch are turned on.
2. The dual output coil has to have both spark plug wires connected to a spark plug at all times.
3. To test for spark, connect one of the spark plug wires to a spark plug that is grounded to the engine.

To test for spark without having to turn the engine over, do this procedure:
1. Remove the PAMCO rotor.
2. Remove the locating pin in the advance rod.
3. Reinstall the rotor, but without the pin.
4. Replace the nut holding the rotor on loosely. This will allow you to spin the rotor to produce a spark without having to turn the engine over.
5. Connect one of the spark plug wires to a spark plug that is grounded to the engine, but not installed in the engine.
6. Make sure that the other spark plug wire is connected to a spark plug in the engine.
7. Turn on the ignition switch and the kill switch.
8. Spin the rotor while looking at the gap in the spark plug for a spark.
9. Turn off the kill switch and the ignition switch.

I was unaware of any such post, however I'm sure with the introduction of his new e-advance unit that you are pete. I will test everything, however the back of my "motherboard" is black on the solders. I will PM you with the results.

Hey Pete,

Got my results.

2.6 ohms on the Primary posts.

No response on anything else for testing the coil.

I do have voltage to the wires, but no spark.

Tested with 2 different multimeters and got the same results.

Got a big trip coming up at the end of July and hoping to be mobile by then.

Just waiting on a response so I can get the process started on replacing this one if its covered by the warranty.

Thank.

Posted via Mobile

Back