Pamco System maybe Fried

FrilandXS

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So,I had the pamco with the E-advancer and 60 degree rotor for about 1-2 months and it worked very good never misfire or whatsoever, and I also have gone above 7000 rpm with it but last week I was finishing the wiring harness checking everything with a cheap battery but the plus and minus signs labeled on the opposite sides but the red and black was correct,so I accidently followed the sings not the colors on the battery .After that I didn't have any spark, current goes to the E-advancer but not out of it to the sensor. There isn't any visible damage on the circuit board.
I was to an electronic guy and he told me that he can replace all the components on the circuit board apart the 14 pin chip (msp430g2231).
I send Pete a message but got no answer so my question is:
How can I know if the 14 pin chip is fried and if so can I replace it with an identical one.I don't want to just order another E-advancer because I live in Kosovo and shipping+custom can get a bit expensive.
Also how can I check that my sensor isn't also fried?

Thanks
:)

FrilandXS,

I'm usually a pretty calm guy, but if I understand you correctly, you screwed up and fried the E-Advancer :doh: that I spent two years developing :banghead: and now you are complaining because I don't just jump all over you when you E Mail me? :wtf:

Your electronic friend is correct if he included the Voltage regulator as one of the components to be replaced in the E-Advancer, but the reversed voltage would also have fried the Hall effect sensor in the sensor plate. The driver transistors are IGBT which have some internal components as well, so you can't just replace them with an ordinary transistor.

EMail me again with your address and I will send you the parts you need to repair the system. Most likely, I will just give you a price to replace the E-Advancer and the PC board on the plate, ready to go, as there may have been more damage than you realize and the freight to Kosovo is expensive, so we want to get it right the first time. :thumbsup:

FrilandXS,

I'm usually a pretty calm guy, but if I understand you correctly, you screwed up and fried the E-Advancer :doh: that I spent two years developing :banghead: and now you are complaining because I don't just jump all over you when you E Mail me? :wtf:

Your electronic friend is correct if he included the Voltage regulator as one of the components to be replaced in the E-Advancer, but the reversed voltage would also have fried the Hall effect sensor in the sensor plate. The driver transistors are IGBT which have some internal components as well, so you can't just replace them with an ordinary transistor.

EMail me again with your address and I will send you the parts you need to repair the system. Most likely, I will just give you a price to replace the E-Advancer and the PC board on the plate, ready to go, as there may have been more damage than you realize and the freight to Kosovo is expensive, so we want to get it right the first time. :thumbsup:

I'm not complaining at all, I just mention that you didn't reply so others wouldn't suggest me sending you PMs and I know it was my fault, NO actually it's the batteries fault. :laugh:.

So, you are suggesting me to get a whole new E-advancer with and only the board that holds the sensor. Isn't there a way to at least check the PC plate if it's not fried :confused:.
You are completly right with the 'get it right the first time' logic but if we could somehow be completly sure that it isn't fried why not try to check it before ordering.

Back