Part Number help

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
I ordered some OEM cam oil seals.
The part number I ordered and is on the receipt is #93101-25044, but was sent #93102-25090
I ordered them from Boats.net and also double checked Partzilla, but when you search the number it pops up as part of the cam. I can't find the number of the part I received though.
Is it the same part? Looks the same, but different number

I ordered some OEM cam oil seals.
The part number I ordered and is on the receipt is #93101-25044, but was sent #93102-25090
I ordered them from Boats.net and also double checked Partzilla, but when you search the number it pops up as part of the cam. I can't find the number of the part I received though.
Is it the same part? Looks the same, but different number

Well I did some looking on Google and found this:
seal.png

this was on the www.2wheelpros.com site , If you put your original number in "93101-25044" the search box the information above is what pops up. So unless you can see some obvious difference from the old to the new parts I would feel safe to use them.

Note where it says "This part Replaces" there are a few different numbers that all cross to the new number you listed.

Here is what I know about camshaft oil seals:
From Yamaha parts diagrams; 1970 to 1973 lists #93102-25090 , they are ARS made in Japan, 25mm X 40mm X 5mm wide
1974 to 1983 lists #93101-25044, they are ARS made in Japan, 25mm X 40mm X 6mm wide
Both of these should work fine.They are single lip.
Whatever you do, don't buy the Mikesxs part # 01-9020, the so called "Special triple lip oil seals" , they're special all right, a special piece of garbage! They are 25mm X 40mm X 7 mm wide. They are too wide for the space available, and they leaked on my bike after only 1 season of use.

I'm presently using # 93101-25044-00 that I bought from Boats.net.Only have one season of use so far and working perfect.

My OCD is complaining, lol.
I have a problem with the term OCD . Why is needing to have things just right and in the "correct order" considered a "disorder"? Seems to be a contradiction of terms that needs to be corrected! At the least they should arrange the letters in alphabetical order like they should be, ie, CDO.

Back