For Sale - Parts from 79' Special (mostly electrical, charging system etc.) + capacitor

CoconutPete

1979 XS650 Special
Reaction score
I have the following parts from my 79' Special for sale. I don't really have a set price in mind, just make me a fair offer and we'll figure it out. I'll post pics in the next few posts or as requested - i have pics of all of it.

The only non-stock par is a capacitor from TC bros. I ran it for a total of about an hour of engine run time before I decided kick-only wasn't for me.

Air box
Blinker / signal canceller
reserve lighting unit
light checker
tail light w/ bolts
4 stock blinkers - orange
front brake line manifold
complete stock charging system (rotor, stator, associated wires, rectifier, regulator, rotor puller)
Indicator light "Dashboard"
Front master cylinder (needs rebuild, but brake light circuit works)

Attachments

• airbox1.JPG
    airbox1.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 67
  • blinkers1.JPG
    blinkers1.JPG
    330.8 KB · Views: 78
  • capacitor.JPG
    capacitor.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 78
Charging system.

Attachments

• charging1.JPG
    charging1.JPG
    253.4 KB · Views: 58
  • charging5.JPG
    charging5.JPG
    282.2 KB · Views: 52
  • charging1.JPG
    charging1.JPG
    253.4 KB · Views: 71
  • charging5.JPG
    charging5.JPG
    282.2 KB · Views: 72
  • charging9.JPG
    charging9.JPG
    281.5 KB · Views: 56
Forgot to add: Will trade for a side cover for the left side that will fit a 79 special. Not the engine cover, the part that covers the battery. Can be ugly but must be solid.

Forgot to add: Will trade for a side cover for the left side that will fit a 79 special. Not the engine cover, the part that covers the battery. Can be ugly but must be solid.
Do you still have the battery eliminator kit? I have a 78 special with both side covers in good shape.

Cool, sending you a PM.

If anyone has a right side control for a 78' or 77 then I'm looking for one of those as well and will trade if you're interested in any of the stuff from my bike. I need the kind with a single throttle cable that includes the on/off switch for the headlights.

Last edited:
Back