Wanted - parts that I need for build

ratfinkd1

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Okay still need some parts before build starts. Got a list here to mark off maybe some of you people can hopefully help.

old school style/ bates throttle assembly no switch housing
Different front brake lever and caliper
different clutch perch and lever
brake light old ford style or sparco(limpdick) let me know if you have something different you think i might like.
fake oil bag or maybe real one to convert
solo seat.
21" hoop to fit front spool

And anything else you might think i could use I already have rear fender, headlight, bars, extanded cables, tank,wheel, and steering bearings

old school style/ bates throttle assembly no switch housing
got mine relatively cheap on ebay

brake light old ford style or sparco(limpdick) let me know if you have something different you think i might like.
once again probably ebay

fake oil bag or maybe real one to convert
I may have one laying around here I didn't use if you're interested make an offer

solo seat.
motherroadcustoms on ebay

21" hoop to fit front spool
http://www.mikesxs.net

And anything else you might think i could use I already have rear fender, headlight, bars, extanded cables, tank,wheel, and steering bearings

ignition?

Do you ever come ound the austin area? Do you have the straps for it also? to mount it.... How bout $50 pick up or meet up...shipped 65 total to 78747.

I have never been to Austin bro. I have plans to eventually make it that way, but I have not yet done so. I am not sure if I have the straps. Man, I'm going to have to go digging for the oil tank and that's probably too much. One side has a drilled hole in it. I'd say $40-55 shipped

done should be pretty cheap to ship. Parcel post to austin from college station. You should roll down here this summer we can float the river. Its a friggin blast. Let me know when you come across it. Send a couple of pictures. I may blast over on my streetfighter if a day off syns up with you being home.

did you have an ignition also? I need one but wasn't really gonna look until I got to the wiring phase but if you have one maybe I'll pick it up also.

Yeah not to worried about any of that stuff. I was thinking you where referring to a ignition switch. I'm going to get another and sell my key switch gas cap and seat lock for cheap to somebody who may need it.

Speaking of which do live in Dallas or College Station now? Just curious I lived in Dallas most of my life and my mothers side of the family is from College Station. Actually worked at Al Lambs Dallas Honda for like a billion years(its the on off of greenville and 635).

My mom and sister live in frisco just above Mckinney and I have several friends that live in Allen. I lived their for a couple of years back the early 2003. My grandparents live in bryan tx which melts into College Station

Yeah man I went to high school in North Dallas. Just lemme know if you wanna drive out to pick it up. I will get some more free time tomorrow to look for it.

Let's just ship it. I'm getting a little busy round here. Whenever you track it down shoot a couple of pics and I'll respond and send cash.

I am in College Station. In Dallas I am around the Mckinney-Allen Area. Here I'm in South College Station near the town of Wellborne.
hey Big Jimmy, i know it's a long shot, but im wondering if i bought your old 81 xs recently. i like trying to dig up any info i can on bikes ive gotten. even if its just cool pics or rides. it's a black 1981 xs. one of the previous owners slapped a brat style seat on the chopped rear frame. it also got a bonded title in 2017. pretty cool bike. i took it out to anderson and yankees last week and one of the mufflers vibrated off. that's not as bad as the license plate and tail light that jumped ship though lol

Attachments

• xs650.jpg
    xs650.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 45
Back