Pickup coil blues.

Gurp

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
New to the forum here. If any of you are also on SOHC4.Net I'm also gurp over there. Have been for the last 12 or 13 years.

Working on my XS650 hardtail and need a pickup coil for a 80 with TCI ing.
Can't seem to find one direct fit online.
Any compatible or alternate part numbers available that you guys know of? Or anyone have a used one they would come off of?

First, welcome to the madhouse!!
What you're wanting is rare as hens teeth.... and after about 4 yrs of research, I still haven't found a suitable alternative.
About your best bet is gonna be to find a stator on Ebay with the pickup still attached... and buy the whole thing on the bet (risk) that the pickup still ohms good.
A quick look turned this one up. It's advertised as a '79, but it's actually an '80... with the pickup. That's a $52 crapshoot... but like I said, they're few and far between.
Good luck and do let us know how the search goes.
EDIT: It's in Ohio, so you might get a bit off on shipping.

Unless the pickup is just absent, be sure to test it on the other side of the connector, since the connector could be the problem. Pickups would be very easy to rebuild, and possible to make from scratch, for a guy with a modest shop. I've had one go bad. I've bought two replacements. You'll have better luck searching for stator than for pickup, as was suggested

Back