Please!! help me get my bike running for the build off trip!!!

The left and right plugs were brand new before I went around the block

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 145
Too many net crashes out here, switched over to stupidphone.

Yeah, that left plug doesn't look good. Odd that the blackness is splotchy, not uniform.

To be absolutely clear about carbs, you could temporarily switch them.

Otherwise, I'm thinking about some sort of oil fouling, perhaps from intake valve guide seal or weeping headgasket...

You have good compression in both cylinders and they are even so thats good.

I'm thinking the right plug looks too lightly coloured.... like its running very weak in that cylinder. The fact that it runs better with the choke on would seem to confirm that .

On the right carb if you make a careful note of where the pilot screw is and then turn it in gently until it stops and tell us how many turns it takes . Then put it back to where it was. I'm guessing you'll need to adjust the pilot screws out a bit

it may run strong but that has very little to do with the idle settings .

If your right cylinder is running on a weak mixture which it seems to be then that will impact your left cylinder ,if that one is struggling to fire properly due to oil fouling .

I appreciate that you might not see the relationship but you cannot just look at the left cylinder in isolation . :wink2:

it may run strong but that has very little to do with the idle settings .

If your right cylinder is running on a weak mixture which it seems to be then that will impact your left cylinder ,if that one is struggling to fire properly due to oil fouling .

I appreciate that you might not see the relationship but you cannot just look at the left cylinder in isolation . :wink2:

ok good thats confirmation.:thumbsup: How is the left cylinder running with the carbs swopped over ?

Looks like you're going to need to do a carb strip and clean careful setting up

It's seems to be running just like the right was before the swap
And I do appreciate all the help I am new and this and have not one clue about tuning carbs I have some one I was going to have tune them and rejet if needed but I didnt want to go down that road if it was something else

Ok, that looks better. Should be a number stamped in the bottom of the slide, like 2.0 or 2.5, that identifies the cutaway value. Make sure both values are the same, but each slide is a mirror-image of the other...

Back