Question about hardtails

Demin

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys.Got a probably stupid question..........I've been looking at alot of XS's and none have the Voodoo Vintage MK25 hardtail.Seems like everybody runs the TC Bros.Is it because TC has been around longer or what?Gettin' ready to do a back half and I really like the looks of the MK25.
MK25_thumb__55181.1352497594.1280.1280.png

:bike:

Hey Demin, you're right!
Part of it might be that Voodoo Vintage is just starting to grow.
I have the MK6A frame and love it!

Looking forward to your build when you get it!

Oh I have it........:yikes: :doh: Good thing is I know the PO.It did run last summer and they drained the gas.It's a '77 with around 8,000 miles.
I was kinda sold on Voodoo awhile back.They were making frames for The Suzuki Savage.I love my Savages too.

Go ahead.....laugh :laugh:

bikepics-2506349-800.jpg

Sorry!

I can't laugh! :D

My choice was based on the frame and not the bike!

I just found my yamaha before a Suzuki or it would have been the other way! :shrug:

I just love his style of frames! :thumbsup:

If you love Savages have you checked the cafe kit from Ryca? Pretty nice looking bikes.
jefft

To answer the original question, Tc bros is the cheapest option. Thats why people go with it. Its by no means the most attractive thats for sure!

Look forward to seeing the voodoo tail

Well....I got A hardtail section.Not the one I ordered.Got the MK21 instead.Just going to use it rather than waiting 2 weeks to a month for the other one.
Gonna start the deugly process tonight.:laugh:

Mk21 looks like every other hard tail imho. Might as well have gotten the TCBROS lol. Make them expedite the order. The MK25 looks so much better. Don't settle for the crappier version. This one is a member's bike with a MK25 I believe.

View attachment 27392

I'm tired of dealing with them.Hopefully I'll get my forward controls then I'm done with them.I just don't like the TC Bros.style.Not knocking the quality.I had one,just that's what everybody runs.....I'm seeing why.

For future reference....are these guys giving you the run around or are you just impatient. If its the former Id like to know whom not to do business with.

From my perspective as a business owner....the reasonable thing for them to do would be to expedite the correct order to you and send with it a prepaid return shipping label.

They are very apologetic on the phone.But how hard is it to read an order with two items on it and a little communication.They did not reply to one email I sent.According to their ebay ad.They have 10 hardtails in stock and a bunch of forward controls and I would have had them in a week.It's been two weeks,I finally get the hardtail and no fwd controls(out of stock).I had to call numerous times because their fax # is the same as the phone.I have to send this hardtail back before they will send the new one out.And they will get it out asap because it's crazy busy at their shop because of riding season.
Motorcycles are my business.
I've seen their ads on a bunch of websites and in The Horse,so I figured I would do business with a like minded company.
I will never deal with them again.

Guess I'll just keep this thread going for asking questions.

1)Since I forgot to look...how much clearance is there between the tire and chain usually?
2)Does anybody make an offset sprocket?Or can the original be shimmed out a little bit for tire clearance?

If the hardtail is welded up right the chain clearance with a stock wheel/tire will be the same as stock. The wheel should be centered in the frame and the sprockets line up straight. If no then the hardtail was not welded to the frame right.
There are offset sprocket makers out there, but I can't refer anyone, never used one.
Leo

Back