Rear wheel fitment question.

X77S

Let's do this!
Reaction score
Ok I have a 77 xs650. I got it without rear wheel adjusters or spacers save for one spool (looks something like an empty spool of thread) shaped spacer... I believe the spacer I have fits on the sprocket side against the bearings.

Any idea what the size of the other spacers need to be? I'm sure I could measure 1000 times and it be different. While I'm at it I seem to only be missing the Speedo drive gear on the front. Any dimensions there would be awesome information to have as well.

Trying to get this thing a roller. Taking me next to forever with limited funds so the cheaper the fix the better.

I believe the " spool " is used on the brake side.. the sprocket side has a " hat " spacer... the swing arm is a open end style.. designed to allow tire removal w/o have'n to replace the mufflers on standard units. Locate a manual.
the speed 0 drive is a separate piece that mounts into the front hub.... it's slotted to the hub and also to the fork

Any ideas on the width of these spacers I need? I plan on a manual being the next purchase, but I doubt the spacer size is listed in it.

Contact @gggGary I'd bet he has the spacers you need.
Below is a PDF manual for 78 on. Should work for your 77. Maybe someone will comment who has a 77 manual.

Attachments

• XS650.pdf
    6.5 MB · Views: 246
I appreciate it Jim I will look through that manual. It just dawned on me that I could post in the classified section as well.

Back