Reduced exhaust noise solved

gentlemanjim

More Wrenchin than Ridin
Reaction score
I found a solution to my too much howl at 70 mph. I found this Suzuki GSXR600 silencer for $65.00. Figuring it would flow well enough for a 100hp 600 it would flow well enough for our
650's and still have a bit of a growl. Well I was right. It's big, very light and makes the kind of noise I enjoy. Amazingly simple to get to fit. I need to get lucky with bastard parts once in a while.

Now if I can oly find something to cover the kickstart shaft - any ideas outthere"

Here it is:
IMG00050-20100812-1334.jpg

IMG00049-20100812-1334.jpg

This is what I replaced - still like knew with only 450 miles on it. $25.00 shipped for anyone who wants it. It's a Mikes XS taper Tip.

Tapertipmuffler.jpg

Hardware stores sell rubber "feet" for table and chair legs. Maybe there's a size close enough to fit the kick shaft.

Take the shaft out & plug the hole with a welsh plug.

Looks like that exhaust is going to grind a bit! It does look strangely good though! :cheers:

dito!!!!!! :D:D:D
I don't know how to post a video and don't have a camera. Will the the one in my blackberry be good enough? Coach me through the procedure to post. I should hae done a before and after sound track, but with this pipe it still growls in a seet kind of way. It may bite some asphalt, but it is no lower than the brackets for the center stand.

Back