Resistor or non resistor caps

Mikey

got muscles in his head that ain't never been used
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought a few of the NGK LZFH 8381 caps so I would have resistance somewhere in the ignition when running AP63 plugs and now Im going to get a few of the non resistor caps so I can run https://www.ebay.com/itm/304559253439
But looking at ads for the NGK caps the ads seem to state it both resistor / non resistor caps for the same NGK LZFH 8381
https://www.ebay.com/itm/142555686536

Ngk - Spark Plug Resistor Cover Lzfh - 8381​

Ngk
SKU: WSP-45-9511
|
UPC: 087295183816

$1.27

I have 2 bike with the NGK 8381 on the with the non resistor plugs AP63
If the bikes run fine with above the caps have to resistor type ?

This is what I have now believing they are the resistance caps

Attachments

• 20230204_133252.jpg
    20230204_133252.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230204_133234.jpg
    20230204_133234.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 57
Per your pic of the box.... LZFH

L= 90° Elbow Type
Z= Suitable for 10,12 and 14mm plug threads
None (no number)= No Resistor
F= Terminal Stud
H=Compact Type

....LZFH

It's strange why the internet ads call em either way and the bikes run fine with no resistance in the circuit
Thanks !!
Now I'm going to sit out in the snow and wave at the neighbors and not let let all this bother me anymore

Yeah I saw that but a place called active powersports is calling them resistor caps
Your right on the non resistor cap and active powersports got it wrong

and the bikes run fine with no resistance in the circuit
But there is resistance in the circuit. At least there should be. If you use the non-resistor caps, you run resistor plugs. There's your resistance.

But there is resistance in the circuit. At least there should be. If you use the non-resistor caps, you run resistor plugs. There's your resistance.
Yep and your diagram makes it a no argument case too
Thanks!!

The NGK caps can be confusing and their suppliers often add to that with incorrect listings.
That's why you ignore what the vendor says and go by the letters/numbers printed on the box... or more correctly, the cap itself.
Those numbers don't lie.... vendors do.

When I put in the NGK LZFH with the non resistor new wire from Dune buggy warehouse with the AP63's there should be no? resistance in the circuit yet the bike run fine as far as I can tell

When I put in the NGK LZFH with the non resistor new wire from Dune buggy warehouse with the AP63's there should be no? resistance in the circuit yet the bike run fine as far as I can tell
The AP63's are resistor plugs. They have 4kΩ's of resistance.

I've got resistor plugs coming and the old ones need to be changed so now at least I can be certain of resistance in the circuit
Diagrams printed and will go in my 3 ring binder

Maybe thats why the bikes run good !
I was just under the assumption that they weren't resistor plugs the AP 63's

I think when I didn't see an R as in APR 63 I thought they weren't resistor plugs
Thanks again guys !!!!!

NGK puts an "R" in the part number of their resistor plugs but not all manufacturers do. I told you in your other thread that the AP63's were resistor plugs.

Back