Sad news today

LTGTR

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
As you guys probably know I volunteer one day a week at a motorcycle repair workshop. The bloke who owns the business died today.
It was the result of a road rage incident about one week ago. Some sort of a traffic disagreement. The passenger from a taxi belted him up and he has been in a coma since, but today they turned the machine off. Such a waste, everybody loses. They have charged the guy with manslaughter. The mechanic (who is my immediate boss) has a personal attachment to Max (the deceased) because Max fostered him when he was a kid. Just sensless.
Regards Ray.

Yes there are idiots out there and criminals ... Addicts and even if not so getting involved in those situations sooner or later you get hurt or hurt someone else.
If have a job You are getting fired within the week or quicker if it involves customer relations.
Arrested .. and perhaps Jail Time .. But rarely there is a way back.
Criminals might not care .

Being a passenger in a Taxi ..the traffic situation is not his Business He had the Possibility to remain in the backseat of the Taxi leaving it to the Taxi driver and Max ... and Police if needed ..Reading a Newspaper .. Instead he intervened and regardless of self defense or not he had the natural Choice to stay in the Taxi.. There is also almost always the Possibility to hold back a Punch even if you got hit firsts.
Got Involved and now have to pay the Consequence

The Judge ..Why did you not stay inside the Taxi ?? Or when on the outside took a step Back ??

1649868666751.png

Of course I dont know Aussie rules but they don't have the reputation being " Soft on Crime "

Sorry for your loss Ray, I feel your pain for the senseless waste of life. Just last week the brother of a young co-worker was belted in the head with a hammer in a road rage incident. Thankfully he survived but will be disfigured for life. Unfortunately abusive behaviour is the norm on the road these days.

When you consider Max was in his 70s and the guy that assaulted him in his 30s, doesn't bode well for where the world is heading! The guy will probably serve just few years in goal, be released and go on to live a long life and never think about Max again. Not so for Max, left behind is a grieving family who will never get over his loss.

Back