Saying Hey

Sisyphus

Rollin'
Reaction score
Hey Everyone. Just checking in from Chicago. I'm on a 79 standard. Unfortunately, I just blew up the engine, so I'll be asking a lot of questions about that. I look forward to talking with everyone!

4069739624_8dab24b6a6_b.jpg

Thanks guys. Not sure what happened just yet. I was riding on the highway, lost power, and looked down to find oil spewing all over. I'm currently weighing whether to swap or try to dive into it.

Were you able to locate where the oil was coming out?

Unless a rod went through the case, chances are your motor's repairable. But often times you can pick one up for cheap, so if you fall into one of those deals, it would probably be worth your while. Then you'd have a spare, which is always kinda nice to have with these old bikes.

Were you able to locate where the oil was coming out?

Unless a rod went through the case, chances are your motor's repairable. But often times you can pick one up for cheap, so if you fall into one of those deals, it would probably be worth your while. Then you'd have a spare, which is always kinda nice to have with these old bikes.

I haven't dug into it yet, but I agree on repairing it and think I'm going to go this route and try to get my original engine back up to speed over the winter.

That is a beaut! Makes them mags desireable.

Thanks!

Back