Seat Interchange

atomic22

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi All
New to the XS community. I scored a sweet 1981 XS650H from a gentleman who is no longer able to ride...so a karmic thank you to him. Anyhow, the bike is in mint condition, and I'm a tinkerer, so I'd like to keep the bike as stock as possible while making it my own. I did a quick search and didn't find any answer I could understand. So my question is what year of seats will interchange with my bike? I want to keep the original and then modify/bratify a new seat pan, so I'm surfing ebay and I don't know which will work for me.
Thanks for the help
I'll post some pics soon.
Atomic22:thumbsup:

I happen to have a seat in great condition for sale in the classifieds section. Here is another pic of it:

IMG_0323.jpg

And the link to the for sale thread is here: http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18659#post18659

Cheers

I have the same question. I have a 79 Special (Side hinge type) Does anyone know if Mikes Sport/Cafe style seat to fit 1974-79 "Standard" models would work on my bike with maybe a little modification?

68-6902.jpg

I'm not certain, but I think the frame width is different, I will be fitting a standard seat to my special, I'll let y'all know how it goes. Looks like it will take all new brackets and maybe stretching the pan, I've been concentrating on getting it running so haven't really taken more than a cursury glance

Posted via Mobile

I have very nice quality cafe seats that will fit the xs and I will be doing a new batch soon just waiting for materials

larryp7639, A warm welcome is extended to every newbe, some times it takes a bit to be noticed as a newbe. Welcome, welcome.

I don't think the seat rails are wider but the seat attaches differently.
atomic22 Welcome to the board.

Back